We are doing a special challenge here at Shear Madness! The people have voted, the fabric has been chosen, and the time is now!
The Single Fabric Challenge has only a few rules, and they are very simple:
1. You must use Michael Miller Blue & White Bird on the Vine Azure fabric. This fabric was chosen by the members of Shear Madness. Fabric.com was chosen as the supplier because fabric can be ordered internationally, the pricing is very reasonable, and they very often have excellent sales and coupons.
2. The fabric can be used in any way, but it must be visible and obvious in the costume. Not to be used as lining fabric! Other fabrics can be used as well – but the Challenge fabric must be of importance in the design.
3. The costume must be completed by December 31, 2015. All entries must be received by January 1, 2016 – you can submit them to Laura at email@example.com. The winners will be announced on January 5, 2016.
4. You can make a costume from any design, time period, or genre.
5. You must submit 1-5 photos of yourself IN the costume. Photos of any details as well as full view shots are best.
6. You must also submit a short summary of why you were inspired to use the fabric to create the costume that you made.
7. If more than one person works on the costume, they must all be credited.
This Challenge differs from the others in several ways:
1. There will not be a panel of judges – Laura alone will be judging this challenge.
2. The 1st prize winner will receive a free ticket to Costume Con 34 in Madison, or a $100 gift certificate for Fabric.com, if they are unable to attend the convention. The 2nd prize winner will receive a $50 gift certificate from Fabric.com and the 3rd prize winner will receive a $25 gift certificate from Fabric.com.
3. The 1st prize winner will also receive the largest trophy in Shear Madness Challenge history.
4. The winning costume will NOT be featured on the Facebook group header, but will instead be the featured costume on the Shear Madness Blog, for 6 months.
5. A special button/logo is available for use on any blogs/websites below. Simply copy and paste the code below the image. Feel free to change the width and height to fit your blog. The image width and height can be as large as 600 square.
<a href="http://shearmadnessblog.com/2015/07/20/the-single-fabric-challenge"><img src="https://shearmadnessblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/single-fabric-challenge1.png" alt="Shear Madness: The Single Fabric Challenge" width="400" height="400"></a>
If you have any additional questions about the Challenge, please contact Laura. We look forward to seeing your creations!