We are excited to announce the “Rockette Limited Challenge” for Shear Madness!
The “Rockette Limited Challenge” will require the use of a Rockette Christmas ornament somewhere on the finished garment/accessory. The ornament MUST be an integral part of the design. Whether the focus of a hat, a brooch, etc., it must be central to the design.
A Rockette Christmas ornament, you say?
But, what the heck can you do with a Rockette Christmas ornament? Well, Laura had a wild idea to put a whole bunch of them along the hem of a gown, but decided it would be more fun to send them out into the world and have you all come up with a plan!
The rules for the challenge are as follows:
1. Only 12 people may enter this Challenge, as only 12 ornaments remain. One of those people will be the Challenge #7 winner, as a Rockette ornament is included in their bucket of 50 items.
2. You can sign up for the Challenge, but if you do not enter your finished item by the due date, you will be disqualified.
3. You must use the Rockette Ornament as an intregal part of the design.
4. The ornament has to be mailed to you, so you will be charged postage. Postage will depend on if you are domestic or international, but will be sent the least expensive way possible. These way about 2 ounces, so it will not be very expensive. You must submit payment within a week or signing up for the Challenge, or the next person on the list will be allowed the chance to enter.
5. You have until December 31, 2015 to complete the entry, and it must be submitted on January 1, 2016. The winners will be announced on January 5, 2016.
6. You must submit 1-5 photos of the entry, as well as a brief description of what your inspiration was for the design (other than the fabulous ornament itself), and any additional info you would like to share with the judges.
7. Submit your information to Laura at email@example.com.
The judges AND prizes for this challenge are secret, and will be revealed on January 1, 2016. Trust us, they are pretty cool!
To give you an idea of the size of the Rockette Ornament, here is a photo on a 1 inch grid for scale:
We really can’t wait to see what you do with these! Enter soon, because once this challenge fills up, it will be closed to any remaining entries.